Ag súil go bhfuil sibh go maith. I hope you are all healthy and looking forward to returning to the lush Ballyconnell fairways!
A tough start to 2020 with bad weather and then the coronavirus. Some good news on the horizon with golf deemed safe and the golf course re-opening this Monday. However, with the loss of revenue from Club Competitions, Sponsorship, Green Fees and Fundraising we are in a difficult position. Therefore, we are focusing on Club Membership, to retain current members and also to attract new members to the club with our current membership drive which is going well.
- The Club Committee had a zoom meeting last night (online) and have put some measures in place for our re-opening on Monday 18th May. We have staff in place next week to police the clubhouse and collect membership fees, we have set up hygiene stations and the club are following all recommendations for the safe return of golf.
- To comply with government guidelines and Golfing Union of Ireland protocols, only Fully Paid Up Club Members will be allowed to play golf. The Committee feel this is the only way to comply with insurance, legal and contact tracing guidelines. No guests or visitors will be allowed to play. New Members will pay upfront when they join. To comply with guidelines all Members are requested to book online.
- Teetime Booking - We hope to make golf teetime booking available from this Saturday. We are in the process of building a new website and have new software for golf bookings. More details to follow later this week. From Monday, golfers can play in 3 balls, 15 minute intervals and Fully Paid Up Members Only.
- On the Golf Course - please follow all guidelines. Philip has being working hard on the golf course and we know everyone is looking forward to playing again. Golfers cannot touch the flagsticks, bunkers are out of play in phase one and golfers must abide by all the rules displayed on noticeboard outside the clubhouse.
- Golf Membership - a number of subscriptions are still outstanding. If any Member has any questions on Golf Membership please contact Owenie McGee on 086 0600154. Owenie McGee (Membership Secretary) will be in Clubhouse 1-3pm this Sunday 17th May to collect 2020 Membership Fees.
Cumann Gailf Chloich Cheann Fhaola appreciate all your continued support, on and off the golf course and we hope all Members will enjoy social golf for the next few weeks in phase one of the Government’s roadmap for the easing of Covid-19 restrictions. We look forward to welcoming you next week.
Tá súil ag Coiste an Chlub go mbeidh achan duine ag tacú linn agus ag tabhairt tacaíochta don Chumann. Is cinnte go mbeidh bliain dheacair romhainn ach le cuidiú Dé tiocfaidh muid amach ar an taobh cheart de seo agus ár gclub níos láidre dá bharr.
Go raibh maith agaibh agus coinnigí slán.